Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bet you've been wondering what I've been up to

So sorry for the long delay. I wasn't told ahead of time that the holiday season was such a whirlwind of food, gifts and family. Fun times!

Just so you know, I have been racking up the developmental milestones like crazy. Mommy is convinced I'm a genius, but she tries not to say it too often because she's afraid I'll get a big head. Too late for that! haha.

Here is what I've been doing:
  1. Teeth - I now have eleven teeth, with the 12th about to poke through any day now. Those molars were a pain in the a$$, I tell you.
  2. Words - I have trouble with my S-words right now, but luckily mommy and daddy understand me most of the time. If you ask them they'll say that I can say, "woof, ball, boob, eyes, out, eggs, moo, meow, peas, apple, bubble, that, gou (Chinese for dog), yang wa-wa (Chinese for doll), lao-hu (Chinese for tiger). If you ask me, I can also say, "cheese, olives, outside, bread, bird, there it/she/he is". Just not clearly yet.
  3. Signing - Signing makes it easy for me to tell mommy and daddy what I want them to do. Like, "bath, potty, eat, brush teeth, more, all done, help". Other signs I know are "bird, elephant, fish, thank you". I'm not sure what "thank you" means, but mommy and daddy have been trying to show me that you do this when someone hands you something. Weird.
  4. I can run!
  5. I am really good at dancing. Mommy and daddy embarrass me when they try to dance though. I try to show them how it's done, but alas, you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
  6. I continue to (mostly) poop in the potty. It is so much more comfortable than pooping in my pants. Because then it gets all smooshed. Yuck.
  7. I am a little slow on signing potty when I have to pee. It's just because sometimes I don't realize I have to go until I'm actually going. I have had some success though, and I even peed in the potty for gammy one day! I finally made a believer out of her that you can use a potty early on.
  8. I still don't like to be away from mommy and daddy for too long, but they've found ways to sneak away here and there. It's okay, as long as they come back!
I can't believe I'm going to be 15 months old tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment