Not that I would have changed my mind...hehe.
Kora's nighttime activities include waking up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours and nursing back to sleep, usually on top of me. It allows me to get more sleep than if I had to go to her room each time, and truth be told I really do love snuggling up to her. However, after 15 months of this, I've realized that something HAS to change. For the sake of my sanity and health. It has to.
So, four nights ago we decided to partially nightwean her*. This means that from the time we put her to bed until about 3AM, I do not nurse her. I rock her, sing to her, cuddle her, beg her, anything BUT nurse her back to sleep. Since she is 15 months old, I talk to her so she'll understand. "Boobs are sleeping. We can nurse later, but not now." I have to say, she actually gets it! The first two nights she gave me very little fussing. And on night 3, she actually slept from 9PM until about 2:15AM! HUUUUGGGEE. She didn't come to our bed until a little after 5AM, and she slept until 7. It's been a lot of work but it's totally been worth it. If we can just get her down to 1 or 2 wakings per night I will be so happy.
Oh, and Enya works wonders. I just turn on her album on my iphone and it instantly soothes. Both me and Kora.
Anyway, now that I see a light at the end of the tunnel, I am committed to blogging more regularly. My goal is to update the blog at least weekly. So, if I don't do it, you have the right to bug me.
Here is an awesome video of Kora. I've been speaking more Chinese to her and she's totally getting it.
* We started to do this back in November and had a bit of success, but we reverted back to old habits quickly. Her teething was getting bad, and I refuse to put her through this when she's not feeling 100%. If she needs the comfort of nursing, I give it to her.
Pleaseee put a video of her speaking baby talk! Julie
ReplyDelete