Fast forward to December 2010. It was getting pretty obvious to Darren that I am miserable doing what I do, and felt that I was 'missing out' on Kora time. Missing out is in quotes because I am VERY lucky to be working from home and still around to eat meals with the family and I KNOW we have it good. Kora has it good.
However, my heart really wasn't in my work anymore. I'm not sure it ever was. It is hard to start a business anyway. It's doubly hard when you just aren't interested in the work. I made some money, but nowhere close to where we thought we would be by that point.
So, we had a few come to jesus talks, and tossed around some ideas. We knew we couldn't keep living the way we were without money coming in; our savings has already suffered enough.
Right around this time Darren was approached by someone to see if he would be interested in building a custom home. When all was said and done, he was selected to build this house, which will probably break ground in May and finish in December. This is bittersweet news. Sweet because this allows me to take a step back and be a constant presence in Kora's day. Slightly bitter because we actually had some other plans, a plan B if you will, that would have been pretty exciting. However we've put plan B on the back-burner for now, not to be discarded. My hope is next year we'll be able to pursue it.
So anyway, while I am still selling insurance and maintaining my client base, I no longer have the pressure of sell sell sell. I can relax and enjoy the days. For example, this afternoon Kora and I went to Monkey Joe's Inflatable Playground. By the way, Kora has no fear. She wants to go on the highest slide over and over again. That's our girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment